Monday, June 15, 2009

Yum, Pancakes

This is my favorite recipe for pancakes and my kids love them too! The recipe is from a package of Bob's Red Mill Scottish Oatmeal. I ran out of Scottish oatmeal and used organic quick cook oats, which also worked great.

1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup oats
2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
about 1 1/2 cup butter milk, if you don't have buttermilk, regular milk will work fine or add a tbsp of lemon juice to your milk, let sit for a moment to slightly sour it, that's what I do
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup of oil

for waffles simply add one more egg and a tbsp oil

mix flour, oatmeal, baking powder, salt, and soda. stir in buttermilk, eggs, and oil till smooth. if mix is to thick, stir in a little more buttermilk.

I have made some changes to the original recipe so that it works the best for me, to find the original recipe go to http://www.bobsredmill.com/




Update: These are waffles that we made using this recipe, only I uses sweetpotatoes instead of oil and added a teaspoon of cinnamon.

1 comment:

  1. Good work on the blog!
    Now i'm a 'follower' and i'll be able to see each time you blog. Are you a 'follower' of mine yet? And gosh, when do you find time to do all your writing? It seems to take me a long time to write and actually post.

    ReplyDelete