Friday, July 31, 2009

Quite By Accident

I have found out all kinds of sewing tricks and neat little things from reading lots of your blogs. I discovered one little tricks all by myself quite by accident one day. For some reason I was sewing one layer of fabric( I remember, I was making a bonnet) and as it was going along it was gathering all by its self. Part of me was annoyed and the other really excited. I hate hand gathering, but what's cuter that ruffles on a little girls dress, so I decided to investigate the matter further. Why was it doing that? What had I change on my machine, finally I notice that the tension was cranked up. Now for all of you who sew you are probably thinking, dah, but I taught myself how to sew when my daughter need diapers two years ago, and most of the time I am just winging it. I have a very close relationship with my seam ripper but I am learning a lot thanks to all you out there that are so generously sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment